With its historic plazas, glorious gardens and regal architecture, Madrid dazzles with opulence. But for all its trappings of royalty, this intimate city is also a creative powerhouse, home to world-class art galleries, bustling markets and musical spectacles.
Whether you want to visit royal palaces, indulge at atmospheric tapas bars or dance into the early morning, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that Madrid has to offer.
Our updated guide brings Madrid to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights, trusted travel advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our hand-drawn illustrations which place you inside the city's iconic buildings and neighborhoods. We’ve also worked hard to make sure our information is as up-to-date as possible following the COVID-19 outbreak. DK Eyewitness Madrid is your ticket to the trip of a lifetime.
Inside DK Eyewitness Madrid you will find:
- A fully-illustrated top experiences guide: our expert pick Madrid’s must-sees and hidden gems
- Accessible itineraries to make the most out of each and every day
- Expert advice: honest recommendations for getting around safely, when to visit each sight, what to do before you visit, and how to save time and money
- Color-coded chapters to every part of Madrid, from central neighbourhoods to areas beyond the capital
- Practical tips: the best places to eat, drink, shop and stay
- Detailed maps and walks to help you navigate the state easily and confidently
- Covers: West Madrid, East Madrid, Malasana, Chueca and Salamanca, Beyond The Centre, Day Trips from Madrid
Planning on touring the country? Don’t forget to check out DK Eyewitness Spain. Or if you want the best of Madrid in your pocket, try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 Madrid.